As a parent you are going to come up with your own go to products to use when your children get hurt. I just put together a few products which may help you out during the summer. This is not going to cover wild crazy things you are doing to find out in the woods or nature walks or major injuries. This is more like, red ants, sparkler, bumped on the trampoline, fever kind of boo-boo box. Always error on the side of caution and do not use Google to treat your children. Call your Pediatricians office, go to an Urgent care or Emergency Room.
- AFTER BITE – So I like this product called After-bite. The thing is that you need to put it on right after the bite to get relief.
- Cool ice pack – Reminder to not apply ice directly to the site.
- Calamine lotion – the pink suff your Mom, Dad and Grandma used.
- Cool water – Ice cold water is not recommend on burns.
- Ice Packs – Use indirect ice meaning have a thin towel wrapped around the ice cube or pack.
- Alo vera – Feels soothing after the area has been washed
- Clean wound with soap and water. Don’t forget to warn your Little One that it may sting when it is being cleaned.
- May apply ointment if indicated, I have never been particular about which one I use.
- Bandage – G is slightly obsessed with any cartoon Bandage she finds. We get a package and I have to hide a couple because she puts them everywhere like stickers.
Just basic items to think about when you are having all of that fun this summer. Having a First Aid bag is super helpful to have everything contained. I suggest every parent look into taking a first aid class through the American Red Cross. Maybe your local school, church or hospital has a class you could attend. Actually it would be fun for any school aged child to attend or look into the online options. Stay safe this summer.
I think we all have basic survival skills when it comes to what to do if your child has a minor injury. Just make it easy on yourself and have everything contained in one area. Thanks for checking out the Blog post and don’t forget to like and subscribe my page. Wouldn’t want you to miss out on anything.